Articles in people
In a country struggling to rebuild after years of war and strife, the people of Cambodia are working hard to create a future for their families. But recovery has been slow. Nearly half of all Cambodian children are malnourished, and one in eight dies before their fifth birthday, largely due to preventable causes.
In the passing years foreign aid from all over the world have been poured in to help Cambodia recover. Unfortunately, Cambodia is riddled with corruption and little of that money is filtering through to the people who need it the most, the desperately poor.
News in people
WHO official reckons hundreds of thousands of people die from using antibiotics that are no longer effective against bacteria. catched
Sam Rainsy is ordered to pay thousands of dollars, but says Prime Minister Hun Sen should compensate the Cambodian people for his lies. catched
A powerful legislative committee dominated by the Cambodian People’s Party approved draconian new rules for lawmakers. catched
- Cambodia’s Hun Sen: If I Back Down ‘I Will be Nothing Short of a Dog’
- Cambodia and Laos: Toward A New Era?
- Cambodia Moves Farther Away From Culture of Dialogue
- Cambodia's Culture of No Dialogue
- Vietnam President Thanks Cambodia
- Cambodia eyes opposition deputy's arrest amid crackdown
- Unions and Employers Deeply Divided Over Cambodia's Trade Union Law