Articles in people
In a country struggling to rebuild after years of war and strife, the people of Cambodia are working hard to create a future for their families. But recovery has been slow. Nearly half of all Cambodian children are malnourished, and one in eight dies before their fifth birthday, largely due to preventable causes.
In the passing years foreign aid from all over the world have been poured in to help Cambodia recover. Unfortunately, Cambodia is riddled with corruption and little of that money is filtering through to the people who need it the most, the desperately poor.
News in people
We are 33 and 38, respectively. We are children of war, born out of a genocide in Cambodia that killed almost one-third of our people and was led by the Khmer Rouge, a military organization that rose to power amidst the devastation of secret and ... catched
Since the beatings outside parliament last year, tension has risen amid acrimonious exchanges between Hun Sen's Cambodian People's Party (CPP) and the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP), which are eyeing a general election in 2018. catched
Only five people have gone to Cambodia under the pact and three of them later chose to go back home. But now two more might be on their way. "Our team is ready to go and interview two more refugees who volunteered to be resettled," Tan Sovichea, head ... catched
- Ex-city worker says setting up a fashion line in Cambodia was a smart move
- A Small, Independent Art School Flourishes in Cambodia
- Cambodian Military Threatens 'Black Monday' Busts
- Return to Cambodia's "Killing Field"
- Cambodia’s Ruling Party Slams Opposition’s Appeal to U.N. to Resolve Political Turmoil
- Cambodia-Vietnam Trade Slumps
- David Chandler Talks Cambodian Optimism—and Its Opposite