Articles in people
In a country struggling to rebuild after years of war and strife, the people of Cambodia are working hard to create a future for their families. But recovery has been slow. Nearly half of all Cambodian children are malnourished, and one in eight dies before their fifth birthday, largely due to preventable causes.
In the passing years foreign aid from all over the world have been poured in to help Cambodia recover. Unfortunately, Cambodia is riddled with corruption and little of that money is filtering through to the people who need it the most, the desperately poor.
News in people
A powerful legislative committee dominated by the Cambodian People’s Party approved draconian new rules for lawmakers. catched
The prime minister and Cambodian People’s Party leader threatens retaliation for protests. catched
VIENTIANE – Relations between Laos and its neighbors have strained in recent years, particularly over its rush to dam the Mekong River, threatening the food security of 70 million people who live downstream in the delta regions of Cambodia and Vietnam. catched
- Cambodia Moves Farther Away From Culture of Dialogue
- Cambodia's Culture of No Dialogue
- Vietnam President Thanks Cambodia
- Cambodia eyes opposition deputy's arrest amid crackdown
- Unions and Employers Deeply Divided Over Cambodia's Trade Union Law
- What's Behind Cambodia's Black Monday Campaign?
- The vast ancient cities hidden under Cambodia's jungle