Articles in people
In a country struggling to rebuild after years of war and strife, the people of Cambodia are working hard to create a future for their families. But recovery has been slow. Nearly half of all Cambodian children are malnourished, and one in eight dies before their fifth birthday, largely due to preventable causes.
In the passing years foreign aid from all over the world have been poured in to help Cambodia recover. Unfortunately, Cambodia is riddled with corruption and little of that money is filtering through to the people who need it the most, the desperately poor.
News in people
The first vice-president of Cambodia's Senate Say Chhum met with Wang Zhizhen, vice chairwoman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, the top political advisory body, on Thursday, and both sides pledged to ... catched
Cambodia's Ministry of Post and Telecommunications has issued a circular banning internet cafes within 500 meters of schools or educational buildings. The circular also prohibits internet cafes from welcoming young people under the age of 18, pointing ... catched
Almost $500 million a year was taken out of Cambodia in “illicit financial flows” between 2001 and 2010, a report released yesterday in the U.S. claims. People in the Cambodian finance sector, however, expressed doubts about the accuracy of the figure, ... catched
- Lawmakers Reject Petition
- Cambodian people the inspiration for Pepper Project
- Axiata Buys Itself Bigger in Cambodia Mobile Market
- Cambodia regrets over DPRK rocket launch
- Cambodia's PM Speaks out Against Anti-Gay Bias
- Cambodia's prime minister urges citizens not to discriminate against gay people
- Cambodia's prime minister urges his countrymen not to discriminate against gay ...